Saturday, March 28, 2009

Camping at Anza Borrego again


I went back to Anza for camping and a planned hike. I took a solo trip over the weekend of 28th. Still remember how much I was impressed by the desert plants, canyon and the drive during last year's trip. This time I camped at Mt. Palm Spring primitive camp ground. The drive toward south through the park is more pleasant in the cooler weather and evening desert breeze. On Sunday morning, I'm supposed to meet a group of hikers from SD for a canyon hike. That didn't happen for I messed up the meeting point and never got to meet them. Not much disappointed, I took up a long drive en route freeway 8 E, 79 and 78 back to Anza. The drive took me through Cleveland National Forest and Cuyamaca Rancho State Park, Julian. Entered into Anza again via a different route S3, i got to see some rocky hills covered by desert wild flowers. The little humble things truly enjoy themselves. Fun, easy, adaptable, down-to-earth, happy and lovely! I came back to visitor center and got to learn some names of some desert plants. Drove out of the desert en route S22 and back to 78. Thus far, I drove through most part of the park and a couple of big loops surrounding the park.
Next time when I come back to the desert, I hope I will take a ride in a four wheel vehicle by which I'm able to reach where I haven't been able to reach on the past two trips.

No comments: