Hiromi, Art and I took a weekend trip to Eastern Sierra for fishing, biking and camping. We camped at Pleasant Valley, about 8 miles north to Bishop. The only campgrounds still open this time of the year are in valley area. We arrived at Friday mid-night in 20 something degree. When I woke up on Saturday morning, I found myself on a desert like flat campground off a pavement road next to Owens river. We rode bike to Pleasant Reservoir for fishing. This is technically first time for me to fish! Hiromi gave me a good first fishing lesson. Pleasant Reservoir is a trout stocking lake. It's hard not to catch a fish here. We all caught quite a few fish. We have to let most of fish we caught go since we can only keep up to 5 per person. A gourmet fish dinner came to celebrate a productive day that night.
While Hiromi hung out again with his fish on Sunday, Art and I biked along Owen river. The scenery is stunning. Fall colored leaves, golden grass and bushes with snow capped rugged mountains in the background offer some true sense of great Eastern Sierra.
On the way back, we put on our vehicle four wheel drive and drove through rugged White Mountains. It's a cold, icy and winding mountain road. When it got completely dark, we got to our destination -Brislecone Pine Forest and witnessed the ancient and stunning pine trees- the oldest known living organisms.
No comments:
Post a Comment