
A trip to the southern tip of Baja California, Los Cabos didn't turn out exactly as designed yet just as memorable as other trips to Mexico perhaps with more joys,surprises and romance. Lance and I designed this hybrid 7-day trip shortly before Thanksgiving consisting of beach resorts, coastline expedition, snorkeling ,Sierra De La Laguna trekking and surfing. We started off with a typical all-inclusive 4 star beach resort on San Jose Del Cabo. The moment of arriving at the hotel suite and looking out of windows reminds you of what a beach vacation is like: absolutely perfect beach weather, white sandy beach, pools and indulgence with food and drinks. San Jose Del Cabo is low-key and quiet. You have the privilege of sharing a wide range of sandy beach with a few people or even none in wee hours. On the next day we took the eastern cape road to Cabo Pulmo. The road is mainly a dirt road along with plain deserts and rugged coastline. Our rental compact barely survived the long tough ride. Cabo Pulmo is a cool village famous for diving and snorkeling. It was Thanksgiving day and a bunch of divers were getting ready for turkey dinner when we arrived. We checked in a lovely bungalow with a rusty and cozy feel. Walking out of the bungalow after it got dark, I realized ther

e's absolutely no lights anywhere. The dark blue sky was overwhelmingly studded with crazy stars. We strolled through the village, had a simple dinner at the patio of a small local restaurant and walked down to the beach with the aid of moon and cell phone lights. It's so quiet that on the way back I thought I heard people whisper over the candle dinner at some restaurant. I could hear the waves pondering the shore from my bungalow. The world was in a complete quiet darkness till rooster started to sing in the morning. Weather changed after breakfast and it started to rain. We were told it only rains 3-4 times a year and we caught one. Our snorkeling trip was canceled and we were stuck in the bungalow for the rest of the day. Snorkeling turned to South Park episodes. It became extremely windy on the following day and snorkeling was not going to happen due to the weather condition. We hopped into the car and made our way to next stop -Santiago. We had planned a guided trekking trip in Sierra De La Laguna from Santiago. However under the guidance of a well-rounded local, we got on a "waterfall" trail off Ranch Chulo that leads to 2-hour scrambling and bouldering to a small creek and pond. After the unsuccessful attempt, we carried on and made our way to Todos Santos that night. Todos Santos is a cool city conveniently located near the west coast. Todos Santos has all: beaches, cool cafes and hotels, western feels, nice breeze and neat cobbled streets. We played in the warm ocean at surfing beach "Playa Los Cerritos" on the following day. I couldn't think any better beach day than that in the month of N

ovember. We drove down to Cabo San Lucas for the last night of the trip. It's a 4 star beach resort and overwhelmingly fancy and sophisticated. Cabo San Lucas was surprisingly quiet maybe because it's just past the holiday. We had a superb Mexican dinner at La Fonda. I ordered "Huitlacoche" (corn mushroom stuffed chicken) and I was very happy with the black messy yet extremely rich and tasty dish.
On the last day, we had the morning to relax by the pool before we rushed to the airport and hopped on to the airplane heading back to cold California. On board, I felt I would rather be in Cabo than anywhere else. For me, it's the warmth. For Lance, it's the warmth and space. We both got something to miss about Cabo.
No comments:
Post a Comment