Sunday, August 16, 2009

The day I was let down

It was one of the days I was let down. It was one of the days the whole solo backpacking seems nothing but stressful and lonely to me. It was one of the days I asked myself " should I keep going or go back?".
My backpack was destroyed worse than I thought. I broke my only sun glasses. There's no way to find such a good quality sun glasses in small cities, not mentioning African don't wear sun glasses. It was raining again. The hostel was not that nice and people were not interesting nor interested. 
I was angry and irritable. I listed the things that irritate me and what I can do to fix them:
1. Broken sunglasses.
2. Broken backpack.
3. Loneliness.
4. Rain.
5. Running out cash.

Then I saw a couple of Uganda kids carrying a basket of banana over their head walking in the rain and selling banana. They don't seem angry and irritable. Neither should I.

No comments: